vrijdag 5 november 2010

DAY 14 - The festival is a succes. People join together in music!

                     


on location...



Mohammed's view

my view

One girl came to me and said; "I didn't laugh this loud in months!" 
Mohammed told me that as a woman, you may not be too expressive here, while the opposit sex can. 
Woman can't laugh loud, must keep their bodylanguage small, can't do anything crazy, that's what man demand around here.
Our performance tells the opposit, we must express and take space, show reality, show feelings.
Even Mohammed is experiencing breaktroughs, in every performance he opens up and expresses even more! And this is what we wanted to acchieve personally as well as with the public!
I was so amazingly happy with that girl's reaction! 
People here are not used to be silent as a public: they eat, smoke, chat and call just as easily as if they are in the streets. I'm really happy our public is concentrated to see, lissten and experience something new...

I bought this book in Jerusalem west, it's made in China, but still you have to open it at the left side :-)
It's the guestbook that i give to the audience during the grand finale... This is where I put the hearts in that I collected these weeks downtown.









(There's a lot more pictures, for later!)

Al Quds underground festival is 3 days long, each day 3 groups of 12 persons follow different routes, they see 5 performances in living rooms in the old centre of Jerusalem, afterwards they can enjoy the big final where we make music with the local artists here.



I believe everybody is really satisfied with tonight's festival, a soufi singer just made our hearts cry,
I was opening the festival speaking Arabic, the birds from Rosalie are beautyfully hanging above the final stage, voices of differrent cultures mixing together thanks to Nina, Robin and their actors, 
Merlijn's violin contributed to the sounds of the local instruments like the ut, the saxophone was communicating with the flute the twinbrothers motivated the public with their raps and beats,
we used paintbrushes to drum the metal railings, when children were saying their wishes out loud. A few hundred people were very vividly present....
What an evening.

Want to see more about me and my performance artwork? www.nicksteur.com




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten